Officials say lightning was the likely cause of a fire that broke out in the steeple of the First Christian Church in Hartford City Thursday. The fire department was called to the church at the intersection of High and Grant Streets shortly before 8am on the report of smoke showing. When they arrived, the very top of the steeple erupted into flames. Fire crews used the aerial truck and quickly knocked down the blaze. In addition to severe damage to the steeple, the building suffered minor water damage.